Focus on Farming
Time:10:00 - 13:00
Focus on Farming
Farming is undertaking a dramatic change, where Farmers and Land Managers will be rewarded for their efforts to improve the environment whilst delivering high quality goods and produce.
Please join our online event, where we will be sharing information of the changes to subsidies received by farms, in addition to the findings from a study commissioned by Worcestershire County Council and completed by Kada Research, to gain insight into the challenges and opportunities for Worcestershire agriculture, horticulture and Agri tech businesses.
An industry perspective from Ali Capper of Stocks Farm (NSch, Chairman NFU Horticulture & Potatoes Board, British Apples & Pears Ltd, Wye Hops, Director Wye Fruit & British Hop Association), plus a panel discussion regarding the changes and future of farming across Worcestershire.
Guidance from business support providers to farmers and land managers under The Future Farming Resilience Fund will be shared, offering help with understanding the changes and identifying opportunities to adapt business models through access to tailored support.
The event aims to:
· Provide information on the latest Defra schemes and the transformation from subsidies to rewarding farmers and land managers for doing even more to improve the environment whilst producing high quality, nutritious food, and other important products.
· Provide industry perspective of the challenges and opportunities for farmers and growers in Worcestershire.
· Share the findings of the Worcestershire Agriculture, Horticulture and Agri Tech research, including business survey feedback and case studies.
· Provide a forum for discussion on future priorities for Worcestershire in supporting the sectors.
· To provide detailed information on the support currently available to Worcestershire businesses through the Future Farming Resilience Fund.